Competitors without hands-on experience competing in the FireFit Event tend to underestimate the arduous nature of the event and the effects it can have on them physically. To help minimize negative effects, remember there is no substitute for training. Please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Hydration - Completely avoid the consumption of alcohol for at least 48 hours prior to the event. Hydrate with water ensuring plenty of water is consumed 1 to 2 hours prior to the event.
2. Avoid the use of any over-the-counter medication for 48 hours. In particular, you should avoid all aspirin and aspirin-containing products as well as the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents like Advil, Nuprin, Motrin, Medipren, and Midol, to name a few. In addition, you should avoid products containing acetaminophen (Tylenol), and decongestants, cold pills, and diuretics.
3. Amphetamines, ephedrine, and related substances should be completely avoided. Illegal drugs, of course, are exactly that. We run a drug-free competition and expect all competitors to acknowledge this fact by executing the participation form and waiver.
4. Avoid strenuous exercise for 48 hours prior to the event.
This is a drug free event. Competitors caught using any illegal drug or substances will be disqualified and may be prohibited from participating in future FireFit Events. Random drug testing may be administered at any or all events.
- By Admin
- last updated: Feb 26, 2024